It is excellent preparation for kindergarten and enables students to make a very smooth transition between our Nursery and Kindergarten, as they continue to learn through the EYFS Curriculum..
Students enrolling in Nursery in the Autumn term will move up automatically to Kindergarten class.
Daily: Monday – Friday (5 days per week)
Age group: 2yrs in September (Children born in January to August)
2yrs in January (We have a second intake in January for children born in September to December)
Morning session: 8:30am – 11:30am
Afternoon session: 12:30pm – 3:30pm
Medium of Instruction: English
Specialist Teaching: Mandarin, Physical Education and Music
Excellent teacher pupil ratio: One teacher for a maximum of 7 pupils
- Students are unaccompanied when they reach 2 years
- Toilet-training is not essential
- Child-friendly induction
The curriculum for our nursery is based on the British National Curriculum’s Early Years Foundation Stage. We include the same 6 areas of learning and have adapted the early learning goals accordingly.
Our belief is that children learn by “doing” to become independent, confident learners. We have a child-centred approach to learning in which the moral, physical, creative, social and emotional development of the child is as important as his/her intellectual development.
- We aim to provide a learning environment in which children :
- have opportunities to learn through investigation, exploration, and discovery within a disciplined yet caring and stimulating environment.
- are motivated to learn through being actively involved in purposeful activities and play.
- feel confident about tackling new situations and are prepared to think for themselves and act independently.