Anfield is an Independent Catholic, International School, comprising of a Primary school and 2 large Kindergartens, whose curriculum is underpinned by the Early Years Foundation Stage and the English National Curriculum. At Anfield, our robust curriculum for students aged 2-11 years, is fit for the 21st century, embracing the notion of promoting a globally – minded education of the very highest quality. Anfield enjoys an enviable reputation as comprising of thriving, dynamic, happy, caring and supportive schools with a strong family atmosphere.
We are seeking applications from enthusiastic and caring teachers who are passionate about education, to join our existing committed team. The successful applicants will be outstanding teaching practitioners, who will also possess other pastoral strengths. High levels of ICT skills are essential, as is a willingness to be involved in the extra-curricular life of the School.
Teaching Opportunities (August 2018)
Teaching Positions: Primary School
Teaching Assistants (Primary)We are looking for enthusiastic and experienced day-to-day Teaching Assistants/EAL Teaching Assistance who can assist with our primary students’ learning. The successful candidate will need to be flexible and may be required to work across the school as directed by the Principal. Previous experience of working with children is essential. The successful candidate will be given a comprehensive induction and appropriate training.
- Work under the guidance of teachers, in the classroom and with withdrawal groups and individuals to implement agreed work programmes
- Assist the classroom teacher in providing administrative, practical and organisational tasks and also to support the learning activities of pupils
- Supporting preparation of resources following the teacher’s planning
- Keeping records to support assessments and support planning of next steps
- Working closely with the teachers and other teaching assistants to ensure good communication and effective working practices
- Contribute to the effective organisation and use of resources
- Contribute to the quality of care and welfare of pupils
- Support the needs of pupils in effectively accessing the curriculum
- Support the quality of learning and teaching in the classroom.
- Native English Speaker
- Degree holder
- Minimum of 2 years recent experience supporting Primary teachers with everyday work in the classroom
- The ability to work in a positive and supportive way with the children and their families
- The ability to work in a team, with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluent in both spoken and written English
- EAL qualification
- Able to demonstrate a hardworking ethos
- A highly efficient practitioner who is able to use his/her own initiative with confidence
- Knowledge of the English National Curriculum KS1 & KS2 is desirable
- A working knowledge and experience of using ICT applications relevant to a classroom environment
- Be committed to continuing professional development (CPD)
- Be committed to inclusion and equality of opportunity
- Committed to our Catholic ethos
Download Mission Statement
Download TA Job Description
Download TA Person Specification
Download Anfield Employment Form
The Closing Date for Applications: 15th August 2018
Interviews in Hong Kong and/or by video conference during August 2018
Application Procedures:Please complete the Employment Application Form fully and send it together with Letter of Application to email@example.com.
No additional CVs are required – ONLY the official Anfield form will be accepted for consideration.
- Please state the position for which you are applying in the email subject box - ESSENTIAL
- Applicants may wish to submit the application with their subject, age level experience and leadership experience (if any).
- All applicants must have a subject degree and/or PGCE or a B. Ed. and should be experienced in teaching the EYFS or National Curriculum of England and Wales (for teacher posts ONLY).
- The successful applicant will be computer literate, flexible and willing to be involved in a wide range of school related activities.
- As a Catholic school, we welcome applicants from all faiths to apply but we do ask that applicants support the religious ethos of the school.
- Anfield is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children/young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment to the post is subject to an enhanced DBS in UK or the Sexual Conviction Record Check (SCRC) in Hong Kong.
Applicants who do not receive a reply within six weeks from the closing date should assume their application not successful.
Educating Hearts and Minds