For 2018 – 2019 Kindergarten Admission,
First Round application deadline: 31st October 2017
Admission Information 2018 – 2019
Anfield International Kindergarten provides education for boys and girls from the age of 2 years 8 months. The curriculum is based on the U.K Early Years Foundation Stage and the medium of instruction is English.
The majority of children enter in K1 and complete a two year programme at Anfield International Kindergarten (i.e. K1 and K2) before moving on to an International Primary School. Children who enrol for two years of kindergarten enjoy all the benefits of the programme. Many parents will choose the full day option for their child in K2 as a good preparation for entry into primary school.
After K2, students may move on to an International Primary School for example Anfield School or ESF or continue to study at Anfield in K3 (an option for students who will later go to local schools in P1 or international schools starting later in the year.)
|Child born between||Start date in K1 class|
|January – December 2015||September 2018|
|January – December 2016||September 2019|
Those students who are 2 years and 8 months when they enter K1 on 1st September are eligible for admission to K2 on 1st September in the following school year, i.e. they will be 3 years and 8 months by the following 1st September.
|Child born between||Start date in K2 class|
|January – December 2014||September 2018|
|Child born between||Start date in K3 class|
|January – December 2013||September 2018|
Places in K2 and K3 classes are limited, but may become available during the academic year. If no place is immediately available your child’s application will be added to our waiting list.
- If the School is oversubscribed, the following considerations will be taken into account:
- Parent of children is a full-time employee of Anfield
- Children who are native English speakers
- Siblings of children already attending Anfield School and/or Anfield International Kindergarten and/or Anfield International Kindergarten and Nursery
- Children who are attending an Anfield mid-week Playgroup
- Date of receipt of a completed application
- Occasionally, a child may have fallen behind in his/her education due to illness etc. In such a case, the School may offer a place in a year lower than the child’s age would normally imply. Parents or guardians will be consulted before such an offer is made, but the decision as to the appropriate year for the child, taking into account all the relevant circumstances, is a matter for the Principal, whose decision is final.
- In accordance with regulations as stipulated by the Education Bureau and Immigration Department all pupils joining Anfield International Nursery/ Anfield International Kindergarten must be in possession of a valid Hong Kong ID card, allowing unconditional stay, or must have a valid passport with authorized residency status to be eligible for a place at Anfield International Nursery/ Anfield International Kindergarten. A visitor visa does not entitle the holder to attend any school in Hong Kong.
Daily : Monday – Friday (5 days per week)
|Morning session||8:30am – 11:30am|
|Afternoon session||12:30pm – 3:30pm|
|Extended day / Full time||8:30am – 3:30pm|
Please indicate on the application form your preference for morning session, afternoon session or for an extended day. If your preferred class is not available you may be offered an alternative time.
To apply for a place in Kindergarten for the academic year 2018 – 2019, please send a self-addressed F4 envelope with a HK$7.3 stamp to the appropriate school. We will send you an application pack containing full details.
Complete and return the application form to the school office.
Applications forms should be returned together with the following:
- Non refundable and non transferable application fee of HK$800*
- Photocopy of the child’s birth certificate
- Photocopy of Immunization Record
- School reports of the previous year (if applicable)
- Medical/Special needs reports (if applicable)
- One photograph attached to the application form
- One photograph – to be used for the student card
For students applying to K2 and K3 an informal meeting is required with the Principal and you will be notified of the date and time of the meeting.
If your child secures a place in K1 in September you will be asked to attend an introductory meeting for parents in the term before your child is due to start kindergarten. We will also arrange an opportunity for your child to visit the school and meet the teachers.
Applications should be received by 31st October for Round 1 consideration. Applications received after 31st October will be processed at regular intervals until all places have been allocated.
* The Anfield International Kindergarten application fee is HK$800. The fee is a non-refundable, non-transferable administration fee for each application. The collection of fee constitutes no assurance that a Kindergarten place will be offered. Income from applications fees, as a whole is intended to cover the administrative cost for the whole admission process as well as the staff cost of the play session and/or children interview for admission assessment purposes. Children may be invited back to the School for a second visit if the School needs further information on the child. The School may involve the Special Educational Needs (SEN) teacher and/or Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCo) in this visit.